Tips for Visitors
The Morse Museum looks forward to welcoming you to its galleries! A visit to the Morse typically begins with two orientation films that can be viewed in about 20 minutes. In the galleries, printed object guides and wall panels provide information on artworks. A cell phone audio tour is available for the Tiffany wing.
The following policies and guidelines have been developed to ensure both the best possible experience for all our visitors as well as the safety of the artworks on exhibit.
For Personal Use
Still photography and video recording are permitted in the Museum’s galleries for personal use only with the following restrictions:
• Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
• The use of flash is prohibited.
• Monopods, tripods, and camera extension poles (selfie sticks) are prohibited.
• Video cameras are not permitted. Video recordings are permitted only on mobile phones or similarly small recording devices.
• When taking photographs, please be courteous to other Museum visitors by not blocking their view or impeding their movement.
• The Museum reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph or videotape anywhere on its premises.
Individuals and organizations who wish to reproduce images from the Museum’s collection for a product, book, publication, film, web page or other electronic medium, etc., must first obtain permission.
For health reasons, shoes and shirts are required.
The Museum’s galleries are kept at 68 degrees. A light sweater or jacket may be advisable to ensure your comfort.
Backpacks and Large Parcels
Backpacks and large parcels are not permitted in the galleries.
Other Gallery Policies
Food and beverages are not permitted.
Please silence your cell phones.
Please do not touch the works of art.
A limited number of wheelchairs are available to people with disabilities. Inquire at the Visitor Services Desk.
Strollers present a serious problem to visitors in our small galleries. Umbrella strollers only will be allowed when possible. They must be handled with the greatest attention and care. Please inquire at the Visitor Services Desk.