Celebrating 75 Years—Pathways of American Art at the Morse Museum
Jeannette Genius founds the Morse Gallery of Art on the campus of Rollins College.
Jeannette and Hugh McKean (married in 1945) organize Works of Art by Louis Comfort Tiffany.
The McKeans travel to Louis Comfort Tiffany’s burned Long Island estate, Laurelton Hall.
The McKeans create the Charles Hosmer Morse Foundation.
On February 1, the Morse Gallery of Art opens to the public in at 151 E. Welbourne Avenue.
Hugh McKean’s book The ‘Lost’ Treasures of Louis Comfort Tiffany is published.
On May 20, name is officially changed to The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art.
On July 4th, the Museum opens at its current location, 445 N. Park Avenue.
In April, the Museum opens the Tiffany chapel.
On February 19, the Museum opens a 12,000-square foot wing dedicated to Laurelton Hall.
In February, the Morse marks its 75th anniversary.